Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Wedddddddddnesssssssdayyyyyyyyyyyyyy


Does anybody else think to themselves "Wed-nes-day" as they're typing Wednesday? Why isn't it spelled "Wendsday"? Wouldn't it make more sense?

First things first, I'd like to welcome two of my close friends to blogging! Both of them have started (or resumed) blogging over the last couple of days, and I'm super excited because now I'm not the only weirdo I know in real life who has one of these "blog things".

I've been friends with Katie for almost 7 years (I think?)...and since I'm 24, that's a pretty large chunk of my life. Her blog is called Shadows Kept Alive. Check it out!

I met Cheryl when I was living in Montana while my husband was serving active duty in the Air Force. Yep, I lived in Montana. For some reason, people are always surprised when I say this...and then I tell them that I've also lived on a tropical island (called Kwajalein), in California, New Mexico, Massachusetts, Ohio, Texas, and Wisconsin before I moved here to Rhode Island. Anyway...Cheryl's blog is The Adventures of an Average Family of Four. I love the layout, go see it!

On Wed-nes-days I try to head over to my e-friend Helena's blog Life in the Pitts and submit a link to her weekly Craft Therapy blog party. This week, I'm sharing my mini dresser makeover because I am so goshdarn proud of it. I also made over the nightstand and the bookshelf, which I'll be sharing with you all shortly. Possibly today. So anyway, if you're crafty you should head over and share your stuff as well. I highly recommend it.

Speaking of, I've been thinking about starting my own weekly blog party. I'm just not sure which theme I'd like to go with. And I need to pick a day. A day besides Wed-nes-day because when you copy somebody, you should always try to make at least one thing different about your version. I think we all learned this in grade school when we copied homework...at least, if you were smart you did.

Life in the Pitts


And finally, I'd like to share that I'm teaching myself to speak French. Because I've decided that I'm going on vacation to France next year. I informed my husband of this, and he laughed at me...but I'm not sure why because I'm dead serious. We'll see who's laughing while I'm sitting at a French cafe enjoying Croissant-Brioche with a glass of wine. Yes, I will drink wine at breakfast. Because that's what I would do in France.

6 comments:

Katie on March 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM said...

woo hoo, thanks for the shout out! yeah we've been friends for a long time...wish we could talk more often and lived closer!! Oh and I most definitely think that when I type out Wednesday..every single time. oh a weekly blog party, that sounds fun!! I'm definitely enjoying re-entering the blog world!

Cheryl Widell on March 31, 2010 at 2:03 PM said...

yea!! thanks for the shout! you're awesome :) Also, you're not the only one who actually thinks wed-nes-day! I've had trouble with that word since I was a little kid lol. Also, for help in planning your trip to France, I highly recommend watching "Chocolat" and "Julie and Julia". Chocolate is a HUGE deal in France, and I actually learned a few words from these two movies.

A.T. Post on March 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM said...

Let us know how the French goes. And on an unrelated note, I used to drive through the whole of Montana on the way to college very winter and summer, and found the place rather equable. Well, except for Billings. Heard some amusing stories 'round there, and created a few myself, so I guess I can't object.

Apparently, if you can tend bar in Montana, you can tend bar anyway. This according to the headmaster of my bartender's school.

And finally, I can't honestly claim that I say "Wed-nes-day" every time I write "Wednesday"; but I do remember, vividly, Mom sounding the word out to me when I was homeschooled in 4th grade.

Anonymous said...

J'ai apprécié notre amitié courte, même si c'était court.
Je ne suis pas une personne ferme, j'ai beaucoup d'épreuves dont je m'occupe.
Je m'excuse si je vous ai fait mal. Je sais que je vous trouble.
Je vous souhaite la chance dans la vie et le meilleur de tout.
Je sais que vous apprenez à parler le français. N'utilisez pas de traducteur
pour ce message. Dites-vous-le dehors pareil un puzzle.
Peu de fait connu. Je suis coulant dans la langue française.
Je parle aussi le roumain, le russe et un arabe.
La bonne chance mon ami et je vous aime.
Paix,
Migz

Rachel on April 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM said...

Katie - you're welcome!

Cheryl - Welcome, and oddly enough, I just watched Julie and Julia on my Netflix a few days ago. It was okay...but definitely made me more excited about France.

Postman - I had only gone out to drink a couple times in Montana, so I can't say much about the bartending there. I can say though, if you're a big drinker than Wisconsin is the place to go. They are very generous in their mixing.

Migga - I wish that you would re-think your decision, but in the end I respect it. I'm glad that you still stop by my blog, though. Much love, my good friend.

Unknown on April 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM said...

LOL! I had this same Wed-Nes-Day Discussion with the hubs the other day! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks up such odd thoughts! ;o)

Post a Comment

 

House Rules

Be kind to others and don't copy my stuff please (but feel free to link to it of course!).
Does This Make My Blog Look Big? Copyright © 2010 | Contact