...or at least, a very bad blogger. I'm starting to feel some blogger's guilt, so I'm going to do a quick random update post!
* Amie from Living Water Boutique handspun this beautiful bright green yarn especially for me. I absolutely love it! We participated in a craft swap as partners. She should have had her package from me yesterday but according to the tracking page, it appears as though there's been a routing error made by USPS.
* I posted a random status update on my Facebook the other day whining about how I wanted a serger but my husband would kill me if I spend any more money, and my mommy came to the rescue and bought me this one! I have no problem with taking handouts. It should be arriving via FedEx today. I am so excited...a little frightened...but mostly excited.
* I hate the fact that my closest decently sized craft store (Joann's) is 30+ minutes away. We've got a Michael's here in town, but it's tiny and they don't even sell fabric! There's also a tiny sewing boutique a few towns over, but the little old ladies in there were mean to me the first time I visited (the store sucked anyway). Anyway, I've got to go buy some supplies today: serger thread (yay!), and some things to make my sister-in-law a birthday gift...and while a craft store is my favorite store to shop at in the whole world, I'm really dreading the trek over there with three kids in tow. I curse the craft store gods every time I have to take the pilgrimage to Joann's. Why??? Why can't there be one closer? I don't live out in the boonies. It doesn't make any sense. And it makes me angry. Bitching about it to my husband doesn't do any good, men don't typically care much about crafting or the necessity of having a well-stocked store within a 5 mile radius.
* Speaking of my husband: he is graduating from municipal police academy in exactly one week! We are all so excited about it. It's been a long journey from his Air Force discharge (honorable, of course), to months of police job searching, the interviews, the unbelievably long application processes...the waiting...and waiting...the joy of finding out he had been hired, then waiting for the academy to start back in November. And now, he's about to graduate! I am so proud of my Starfish...soon to be Officer Starfish. I get to have the honor of pinning his police department badge on him at the swearing-in ceremony!
That's him over there on the right. I get to kiss that guy every day. Rawr!
* I guess that's about all for now. I've got places to go, burritos to eat, fabric to buy, things to serge, Facebooking to do, and blogs to read. Oh, and maybe some cleaning and laundry too. Maybe.
Clane in charge.
45 minutes ago